Thursday, November 16, 2006

Comedy Club

Last weekend I went home to South Milwaukee because my friend Ashley got like 15 $1 tickets to some comedy club called the Comedy Cafe. I wasn't sure what that meant with the prices, because someone said they were free, then it was one dollar, then it was one dollar and a two drink minimum ticket. It ended up being the last one, and was overall about 10 bucks only to go to the show. The only live comic I have ever seen was Lewis Black at Summerfest, and that was pretty funny, but I wasn't sure what to expect at a comedy club. We ended up having reserved seats or something on the inside, which was just 4 tables pushed together. The club was smaller than I thought it would be, and it seemed like there was maybe only between 100 and 150 people total.
The first comic out there was not very good. He would tell a joke, and then look around the room and count out how many people were laughing. I think he thought it was funny, but it was just sort of awkward. And Eric Friske (from class) said the comedian kept looking at him to see if he was laughing, and made him feel pretty uncomfortable. He was only out there for like 10 minutes though, so that wasn't too bad. The second guy out was much better. He was a big guy from the west named Bob Bledsoe. The 3rd guy out was the main act, and I had never heard the name before (it was Kyle Cease), but as soon as I saw him I recognized him from a couple movies he had small parts in. He Bogie Lowenstein, the guy who threw the house party in 10 Things I hate About You, and the slow clapper in Not Another Teen Movie. From those movies I thought he would be nerdy, or dorky or whatever, just from the characters he played, but he ended up being really funny to the point where I was laughing/crying from laughing too hard for most of the show. That's it, that was my first time at a comedy club, and it ended up being well worth it.

1 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to attend a comedy show but haven't really got the time to. Instead I always end up watching stand-up comedy on TV shows. So, do you play the guitar?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home