Thursday, October 19, 2006

Too Wet



Most every year until now my roommates and I are on some sort of rec football league, but this year we either forgot to sign up or we all were just too lazy to go down there and do it. So Eric put himself on the free agent list and got picked up by a team. He played last week with them, and the "coach" of the team didn't really utilize him very well, and they ended up losing pretty bad. This week me and Ryan were picked up to play, we thought because maybe they needed some football players, you know, like they were short on people. Then I get an email from "coach" saying that me and Ryan were going to split the game playing on the defensive line, meaning that for one half Ryan would play the line, and for the other I would play the line, which adds to me playing roughly 1/4th of the game. This would be fine, except I'm stingy and don't want to pay the guy 3 bucks to play that little of a game because he's anal about having a football team and gets 14 guys so he can have a player for every position offense and defense, which no team does.

So already it's kinda sketchy to go down and play, but we had a game tonight at 8 30 (but had to show up at 7 30 to practice) and we decided to go there anyway. But to our surprise when we got there the lights were turned off and some guys told us the game was cancelled because the field was too wet to play on. I have never heard that before for a football game, because I always thought that was the sport where they play in snow and rain all the time. And the field didn't have standing water or anything, it was just cancelled. And no one told us so we drove down there, got dressed in layers for the 18 degree weather, listened to some music to pump us up, just to come back home and watch The Office. That's it, kind of a bad story, but it works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home