Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Halloween


I couldn't sleep last night, and for some reason it just occurred to me that I don't really look forward to Halloween all that much anymore, at least not as much as when I was a kid. Growing up there were so many cool things about Trick or Treating, and people who leave candy in a bowl in the driveway with a take one please sign, even though you're going to take as many as you can before you think they're peeking out at you from their window, and all the decorations associated with Halloween that I just don't get too excited about now. Think about how great it was getting a bag/pail full of candy and carving pumpkins. Now the candy is replaced with beer and the pumpkins get smashed right away by drunk people. The only thing I really like about Halloween up here in Madison is going to State Street and seeing thousands of different costumes, which I won't do this year because I'm not going to pay 5 bucks to just to see that and then try to get out of there before the riots start. When I was a kid, the only bad part about Halloween was when I would get home and empty my candy bag and find 3 pennies someone decided to give me and a pencil or toothbrush/floss combo. It is fun drinking and getting together with some friends though, especially ones you don't get to see that much, so I guess Halloween for me will just be another really good excuse to do that.

1 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should go trick or treating and just tell them you're a tall 9 year old.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home