Thursday, September 14, 2006

Concert

Tonight I went to the Jack's Mannequin concert in Milwaukee. I went with my roommate and his girlfriend and we ended up meeting up with a few of my friends from home. Before the concert we went to the annex on the Marquette campus just to get some food and drinks. We got there pretty late because we didn't really care about the opening bands and found out that a bottle of miller lite was 7 bucks, so we decided to not continue drinking. When the concert started I tried to sing along to the first song, but my voice went out, in part because before it started I was trying to talk over the music, but also because of my job. I'm an operator for deaf people, and I basically have to speak like a robot for how ever many hours at a time, and so I just had no voice. Because of that I just kinda stood there, I felt a little uncomfortable, but I think if you like a band and you're at the show you should either sit back and enjoy the music or do the more fun thing and get really into it, I mean there's no middle ground, you can't just mouth the words to a few of the songs choruses and feel like you're getting into it at all. But all in all it was a really good concert, he finished with a cover of My Name is Jonas and then probably his best song MFOE. It was well worth the money, that went toward cancer research anyway.

1 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Eric said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun. I feel as though I was there, and yet instead not invited. I hope to hear more of your stories.

Your other roommate,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home